Donor-advised funds are convenient, flexible tools, allowing you to support the causes you care about most while OCCF handles all administrative, legal, and reporting requirements.
Once you establish a fund using cash, stock, or other assets, you can recommend grants to the nonprofit organizations of your choice without geographic restrictions. Grants will be acknowledged in any way you choose—in your name, the name of your fund, or anonymously.
You can establish a fund today, make charitable grants now or in the future, and add to your fund at any time. We can provide guidance on local issues and organizations, drawing upon the Foundation’s extensive experience in Orange County, as well as design strategies for impact across the nation or around the world.
You will have your own personal guide for giving through OCCF. Your philanthropic advisor offers a wealth of knowledge and assistance tailored to your specific interests and needs. Your advisor will work with you to:
- Research nonprofits in your areas of interest
- Invite you to events and briefings that align with your passions
- Introduce you to other donors with similar interests
- Plan a philanthropic legacy that can last for generations
You have 24-hour access to our secure online fund management platform where you can easily:
- Recommend grants
- Review your giving history
- Find instructions on making new gifts to your fund
- Check your fund balance
- Download fund statements and investment performance reports
- Learn about upcoming events and review summaries of past events
- Identify local giving opportunities
- Contact your personal OCCF philanthropic advisor
Engage and Learn: We offer educational and networking opportunities for you to join us and other charitably minded individuals making an impact in Orange County, across the country or around the world. LEARN MORE
Family Foundation Alliance: Local family foundations meet quarterly for engaging presentations and peer learning opportunities to bolster their knowledge and impact on the issues they care about most. Since 2021, over 90 foundations have participated in the Family Foundation Alliance. LEARN MORE
Impact Philanthropy: Participants learn how philanthropy can be effectively integrated into their lives and the lives of their families. Participants determine the program focus for each year and engage in a collaborative grantmaking program to boost their community knowledge and expertise as funders. Since 2010, the group has awarded nearly $565,000 to 55 Orange County nonprofits. LEARN MORE