Donor Relations & Programs Associate
Reporting to the VP of Donor Relations and Programs, this full-time, direct hire role will work closely with a portfolio of donors and manage their contributions to various donor advised funds or scholarship funds. Beyond supporting these transactions, this role will also have the ability to create a donor engagement strategy with their portfolio to deepen clients’ involvement with their community and the foundation. Additionally, this role will provide administrative support to the Donor Relations and Programs team, liaising with other internal teams, coordinating meetings and managing the VP’s calendar.
Key to this role is providing high-quality customer service and support, lending a listening ear and working to resolve – and often anticipate – client concerns and needs.
- This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity with a competitive salary!
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision, 403(b) retirement plan with automatic contribution by the organization, paid vacation and sick leave and 10 holidays annually!
- Work for an incredible and nationally well-respected community foundation to support community impact on poverty, veteran’s services, environmental conservation, racial equity, academic support and much more!
What you’ll be doing:
This role will provide outstanding stewardship for a portfolio of 100-150 donor advised funds and scholarship funds and support the organization’s Community Impact efforts via working with nonprofits, donors, staff and Board Committees on various initiatives and grant programs. This role will also provide internal support to the Donor Relations and Programs Team (8 people) and calendaring support to the VP of the department. Specific tasks of the role will include:
- Build personal relationships and develop strategies to assess and meet donor needs.
- Review and approve donor advised grant requests.
- Respond to and handle routine inquiries by donor advisors requesting additional information or needing assistance around grants or funds.
- Lead scholarship fund solicitation, application, review and award processes and work with scholarship program vendors.
- Respond to inquiries from nonprofits who are interested in working with the Foundation.
- Respond to inquiries from nonprofits that currently house endowment funds/other funds with the Foundation.
- Manage the daily schedule and coordinate appointments for the VP of the department.
- Collect and prepare information for the department including composing letters, reports, emails and other materials.
- Coordinate internal meetings, including scheduling, agendas, meeting materials, taking minutes and tracking follow-up items.
- Support the front desk if and when needed around managing incoming calls, directing visitors, distribution of office mail, office organization and parking validation.
What you need to be successful:
- Four-year college degree required.
- Fantastic, consistent communication skills via phone, in person and via email and written reports.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships – ability to influence and motivate stakeholders.
- Strong commitment to exceptional, best in class customer service.
- Attention to detail and ability to set priorities and handle multiple deadlines.
- Experience with database management. Previous experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus!
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format to: https://www.scionstaffing.com/job/6707