Giving Through OCCF
Philanthropy is defined as "love for humanity." It includes the concept of voluntary giving to promote the common good and improve the quality of life for others.
Orange County donors are making high-impact investments in their community through their funds at the Orange County Community Foundation. We offer you the personalized service and planning to ensure your philanthropy is as effective, personal, meaningful and fulfilling as possible.
How We Work With You
When you have the desire to make a lasting impact on the world, we’re here to help make it happen. As a community foundation, we help you develop a philanthropic strategy that is personalized to meet your goals today, and flexible enough to achieve the goals you envision for tomorrow.
From Inspiration to Action
The possibilities for making a difference start with your vision. Our OCCF team works closely with you to turn your passion into impact. Through this process you gain access to unmatched expertise, community connections and learning opportunities to leverage and enhance your efforts.
Your Philanthropic Advisor
You will have a personal guide at OCCF. Your philanthropic advisor can offer a wealth of knowledge and assistance tailored to your giving. For example, we can:
- Define a personal philanthropic mission statement
- Help you develop a family philanthropy plan
- Research causes and nonprofits that interest you
- Optimize your charitable giving
- Invite you to events and briefings that align with your passions
- Introduce you to other donors with similar interests
Online Fund Management
You gain 24-hour access to our secure online fund management platform. You can easily:
- Recommend grants
- Review your giving history
- Find instructions on making new gifts to your fund
- Check your fund balance
- Download fund statements and investment performance reports
- Learn about upcoming events and review summaries of past events
- Identify local giving opportunities
Assets We Accept
You can establish or add to your fund with any of the following:
- Cash (cash equivalents, including credit card donations)
- Marketable securities
- Closely held, restricted or pre-IPO stock
- Real estate, partial interest in real estate or promissory notes
- Transfer from a private foundation
- Tangible personal property
- Royalties and distribution rights
- Business Interests, including partnerships and interests in LLCs
We recommend that you consult with your financial or legal advisor to identify the optimum assets to gift for your personal situation. Please contact OCCF prior to initiating your gift so we can be prepared to assist you the moment you are ready to open or add to your fund.
With more than 3,000 nonprofits in Orange County, how do you determine which ones are most effective? Through OC’s Nonprofit Central, we help you effectively navigate the local nonprofit landscape by fully vetting and reviewing solid community organizations. OC Nonprofit Central makes it easier for you to find, learn about and fund the most promising solutions to local needs. In addition, OCCF staff consistently meets with Orange County nonprofits and conducts more than 300 site visits a year to experience and assess their work first-hand.
Exclusive Learning & Connection Events
Whether you want to learn about community needs, explore new giving opportunities or meet other donors with similar interests, we make it easy. We sponsor a range of events and activities designed to help inform and inspire your philanthropic efforts.