The Orange County Community Foundation’s Impact Philanthropy program was created by charitably minded professionals and emerging leaders living and working in Orange County.
Research shows that more people are getting involved with philanthropy earlier than prior generations. Many donors tend to craft their philanthropic identities from seeing, doing, and hearing from others. Our Impact Philanthropy program provides opportunities for donors to learn from their peers on how to start their philanthropic journey and how it can be integrated into their lives.
Each year members participate in a 6-month grant-making cycle which aligns to a specific cause, where they donate a contribution, pool their funds, and collaboratively decide which local nonprofits will be recipients of their collective donation. This exclusive member-based program features components that include:
- A candid review of essential community needs and trends in Orange County.
- Engage directly with nonprofit and community leaders.
- Educational workshops led by experts on each year’s selected program topic.
- Training in the best practices for effective grantmaking.
- Guidance on the step-by-step process of collaborative grantmaking.
- Peer to peer networking with the opportunity to grow your community relationships.
Your contribution when combined into a collaborative funding pool will amplify the impact than that of an individual donation. A larger donation to a non-profit signifies that they will have more money to perform their influential work.