07 Dec Southern California Wildfire Relief
Devastating wildfires continue to burn in areas of Southern California, leaving hundreds of thousands of people displaced and in need of critical resources and help. The immediate needs of those affected by the wildfires are great, and the recovery process will be long and difficult in communities throughout the region.
Several charities and organizations have assembled aid and relief efforts in the wake of this week’s devastation. The list below contains links to information and local resources for those affected as well as to organizations providing immediate and long-term relief.
- Ready Ventura County offers up-to-the-minute information on evacuations, available shelters and school and road closures.
- The Red Cross of Ventura County provides shelter locations, evacuation updates and safety information to those in affected areas.
- The Thomas Fire Fund, launched by the United Way of Ventura County, will use 100% of all contributions to support those in the community who have been affected by the fire.
- The Ventura County Community Disaster Relief Fund, created by the Ventura County Community Foundation, supports organizations providing shelter and long-term housing, legal services, education, healthcare and other immediate and long-term needs of those affected by the Thomas Fire.
Los Angeles County
- Cal Fire offers current information on major fires across the state, including evacuations, road closures, containment and maps of affected areas.
- The Red Cross of Los Angeles County provides shelter locations, evacuation updates and safety information to those threatened by the fires.
- The CCF Wildfire Relief Fund supports intermediate and long-term recovery efforts for major California wildfires, as well as preparedness efforts.