Salary Range: $80,000 – $100,000
The Orange County Community Foundation (OCCF) is seeking a team player who is highly motivated and detailed oriented for our Senior Accountant position. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a fast-growing organization that supports donors and philanthropic efforts in Orange County and throughout the world. This is a new position for an individual who wants to utilize their finance and accounting skills doing a variety of tasks while working in a collaborative customer service focused organization. The position offers an opportunity to strengthen finance and accounting skills while making a positive impact in the community and feeling good about what you do every day.
ABOUT ORANGE COUNTY COMMUNITY FOUNDATION:
The Orange County Community Foundation combines giving strategy, community intelligence, enduring relationships, and heartfelt intention to amplify the power of giving and its profound result: greater good in Orange County, and beyond. We serve as a resource for individual and family philanthropists, facilitate grant and scholarship programs, and lead community-based initiatives. We inspire giving and connect people and resources to create sustainable impact, granting $975 million since 1989 in Orange County, across the country, and around the world.
OCCF’s team is an innovative, mission-driven group focused on recognizing promise, convening key players, and applying our unique capabilities to create momentum for good, together. As trusted, strategic advisors, we promote stronger connections, encourage generosity, and provide exactly what is needed to fuel growth and guide good. We are tenaciously committed to ensuring that our donors, non-profit partners, and beneficiaries feel truly understood. Deeply listening, investing time and energy conducting rigorous research, and fostering close personal relationships is how we cultivate understanding at every step.
Our mission is to transform our community’s heartfelt intention into greater impact for good.
The Senior Accountant will perform a variety of accounting tasks to support our finance department. The accounting duties include but are not limited to investment reconciliations, back-up for accounts payable, back-up for gift entry, month-end processing, and general ledger account reconciliations. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for journal entries and adjustments. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger maintenance, financial statement reporting, annual audit preparation, and support for budget and forecasting activities. The position interacts with management, donors, and internal staff.
- Preparation of monthly investment reconciliations.
- Maintain supporting files for alternative investment accounts including monthly/quarterly statements, capital contributions and distributions documents, initial subscription documents, Limited Partnership Agreements and K-1’s.
- Preparation of quarterly general ledger account reconciliations.
- Back-up to the Finance Associate for the recording of charitable donations into charitable funds via our CRM system, Salesforce.
- Back-up to the Senior Accountant processing grants, scholarships and other expenses through Salesforce and Sage Intacct.
- Maintain grants and scholarship payable schedules that are reconciled quarterly. Propose journal entries for any required clean-up.
- Monitor our loans to Agencies portfolio monthly to review payments due and calculate interest owed on the loan receivable balances. Work with the Accounting Manager to provide support to the Donor and Community Engagement Department regarding loan status.
- Maintain the accounting and reporting for Orange County Shared Spaces Foundation, a supporting organization of the Orange County Community Foundation. This includes reconciling accounts and preparing journal entries to assist in preparation of the quarterly financial statements, review of lease agreements, assisting the property manager with the annual budget, assembling and analysis of the information required for the annual property tax exemption, and assisting with the quarterly Steering Committee and annual Board meeting.
- Prepares and files property tax exemptions (three times per year for each entity).
- Preparing Charitable Gift Annuity reports for filing with the State of California.
- Assist Controller with the annual budget and the quarterly budget to actual analysis.
- Work as part of the Finance team in preparation of reports and financial analysis provided to our Finance Committee, Investment Committee, Audit Committee and to the Board of Governors.
- Assists quarter-end and year-end close including assigned reconciliations, journal entries and financial analysis.
- Assist Finance Department in conversion of payment by ACH.
- Prepares schedules for our annual audit.
- Quarterly review of fund donor statements for accuracy of information presented.
- Assistance with internal and external requests for data regarding OCCF’s charitable funds.
- Supports the Finance team with other projects as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Three to five years’ experience in Accounting or Finance
- Sage Intacct and/or Salesforce experience a plus but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong accounting and analytical capabilities
- Has a customer service focus, reacts promptly and efficiently to customer inquires, demonstrates polite and respectful interactions with both internal and external customers
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The ability to work for an organization with a phenomenal mission, positive team-oriented work environment, a competitive salary (salary range is $80,000 – $100,000 and will be commensurate with experience) as well as incredible benefits including Medical, Dental & Vision, 403(b) retirement plan with automatic contribution by the organization, 2 weeks of vacation, 2 weeks of PSL, 10 annual paid holidays and the opportunity for a 9/80 work schedule. Position will have the opportunity to work from home one day per week.
For immediate consideration, please apply with your resume and cover letter, formatted in Microsoft Word, via: firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Lynette Miller, Director of People and Culture.
Review of applications, nominations, and expressions of interest will begin immediately and continue on a confidential basis until an appointment is made. The deadline to apply is September 15, 2023.
WORK LOCATION: (Position not available for remote work)
19200 Von Karman Ave., Suite 700
Irvine, CA 92612
Orange County Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity and equity in all facets of the organization’s work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.