Salary Range: $50,000 – $55,000
Join our passionate team as a receptionist and become the welcoming face of our organization. Your role is pivotal in ensuring smooth operations and excellent customer service. If you’re a dependable, organized, and enthusiastic individual with a heart for delivering quality service, we invite you to make a meaningful impact with us.
ABOUT ORANGE COUNTY COMMUNITY FOUNDATION (OCCF):
At OCCF, we are more than just a foundation; we are a catalyst for meaningful change. Our mission is Transforming our Community’s Heartfelt Intention into Greater Impact for Good. In partnership with our donors and community, we combine giving strategy, community intelligence, enduring relationships, and heartfelt intention to amplify the power of giving and its profound result: greater good in Orange County, and beyond.
We inspire generosity and bring people and resources together to create sustainable impact. Since 1989, we have granted an impressive $975 million, reaching communities not only in Orange County but also across the nation and around the world.
Our team at OCCF is innovative and mission-driven, dedicated to recognizing potential, convening stakeholders, and leveraging our unique capabilities to drive positive change collaboratively. We build stronger connections, encourage philanthropy, and provide the necessary support to foster growth and guide positive initiatives. Our commitment to understanding the needs of our donors, nonprofit partners, and beneficiaries is unwavering, and we achieve this through active listening, rigorous research, and nurturing personal relationships.
- Annual grantmaking of $76 million, ranking among the top 1 percent in granting activity among 780 U.S. community foundations.
- Home to over 600 charitable funds benefiting a wide range of causes.
- Total assets of $554 million, placing us in the top 7 percent in assets among U.S. community foundations.
- Average annual contributions exceed $100 million.
- Recipient of a 4-star Charity Navigator rating, reflecting our sound fiscal management, commitment to accountability, and transparency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communication Expert: As the front-line ambassador, you’ll answer calls on the main line, interoffice calls, and rollovers from direct calls to OCCF’s staff. Your adeptness in screening calls, forwarding, and recording messages will ensure seamless interactions.
- Salesforce Support: Gain a general knowledge of Salesforce to assist in forwarding calls, enhancing your ability to provide effective support to our staff.
- Warm Welcomer: Welcome all guests with genuine enthusiasm and a friendly demeanor, both over the phone and in-person. Your communication skills, adaptability, and problem-solving abilities will create a warm, professional, and welcoming atmosphere for all.
- Desk Management: Ensure continuous coverage at the Reception Desk, coordinating breaks and lunches with designated backups as necessary to maintain efficiency.
- Meticulous Record-Keeper: Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of changes within the offices, phone extensions, and phone lists, contributing to an organized and efficient workplace.
- Communicator: Publish daily staff communications, including out-of-office notifications and in-office meeting updates, keeping everyone informed and connected.
- Conference Room Coordinator: Manage conference room reservations for our staff, overseeing bookings and assisting with catering needs and requests when required, ensuring meetings run smoothly.
- Lobby Ambassador: Maintain the lobby information screen, including crafting a welcoming message for guests in our suite, setting a positive tone for their experience.
- Business Continuity Team Player: Actively participate in the Business Continuity Team, contributing to our organization’s preparedness.
- Parking Administration: Extend your hospitality by validating parking for guests and submitting requests to the Parking Company for monthly allotments and additional purchases.
- Versatile Administrator: Be prepared to take on various clerical and administrative duties as assigned, showcasing your adaptability and versatility.
- Essential Team Member: Recognize the importance of your role, as it’s considered essential. You’ll be in the office five days a week during core business hours, with occasional flexibility to accommodate busy periods or special events.
- An Associate Degree is preferred
- Professional Experience: A minimum of two years in a professional front office and/or administrative assistant role is required.
- Reliability and Punctuality: We’re seeking individuals who are highly dependable and punctual, ensuring the smooth operation of our office.
- Customer Service: A passion for delivering high-quality customer service is essential, along with the ability to establish and maintain positive professional relationships with coworkers, donors, and visitors.
- Communication Excellence: Your professional etiquette and excellent verbal and written communication skills will set the tone for the organization.
- Maintain Confidentiality: Ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office is required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proficient knowledge of Salesforce and Microsoft Teams is a plus.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Join our organization with a compelling mission and enjoy a supportive team-oriented work environment. You’ll receive a competitive salary, ranging from $50,000 to $55,000, based on your experience and qualifications. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision: Access to healthcare coverage to keep you and your family healthy.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan: Benefit from automatic contributions to your retirement savings by the organization.
- Paid Time Off: Enjoy 2 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks of Paid Sick Leave (PSL) annually.
- Paid Holidays: Celebrate 10 paid holidays throughout the year.
- On-Site Gym: Access to a gym with a complimentary membership as an employee.
- Café and Coffee Shop: Convenient on-site dining options within the building.
If you are ready to contribute your skills to a dynamic and impactful organization, please apply with your resume and cover letter, formatted in Microsoft Word, via: firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Lynette Miller, Director of People and Culture and why you are a great fit for this role.
Review of applications, nominations, and expressions of interest will begin immediately and continue on a confidential basis until an appointment is made. The deadline to apply is November 17, 2023.
19200 Von Karman Ave., Suite 700
Irvine, CA 92612
Orange County Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity and equity in all facets of the organization’s work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.