Salary Range: $65,000 – $80,000
The Orange County Community Foundation (OCCF) is seeking a team player who is highly motivated and detailed oriented for our Operations Manager position. Reporting to the Director of People and Culture, the Operations Manager responsibilities include supporting the planning and implementation of short-term and long-term operational projects, processes and programs associated with OCCF’s vision and strategy. In addition, the Operations Manager will be involved and managing various day-to-day processes and administrative functions of the Human Resources and Information & Technology departments.
ABOUT ORANGE COUNTY COMMUNITY FOUNDATION:
The Orange County Community Foundation combines giving strategy, community intelligence, enduring relationships, and heartfelt intention to amplify the power of giving and its profound result: greater good in Orange County, and beyond. We serve as a resource for individual and family philanthropists, facilitate grant and scholarship programs, and lead community-based initiatives. We inspire giving and connect people and resources to create sustainable impact, granting $975 million since 1989 in Orange County, across the country, and around the world.
OCCF’s team is an innovative, mission-driven group focused on recognizing promise, convening key players, and applying our unique capabilities to create momentum for good, together. As trusted, strategic advisors, we promote stronger connections, encourage generosity, and provide exactly what is needed to fuel growth and guide good. We are tenaciously committed to ensuring that our donors, non-profit partners, and beneficiaries feel truly understood. Deeply listening, investing time and energy conducting rigorous research, and fostering close personal relationships is how we cultivate understanding at every step.
Our mission is to transform our community’s heartfelt intention into greater impact for good.
- Analyze and improve organizational processes and workflows
- Builds, distributes and maintains the annual strategic business planning template
- Leads and manages the annual raffle report process
- Manages vendor contract list to ensure timely renewals and/or cancellations.
- Track vendor pricing, rebates, and service levels
- Reviews all operational invoices and ensures they are submitted for payment
- Coordinates and tracks harassment and compliance training
- Assist with All Staff Retreat planning and execution
- Assist with the deployment and management of employee assessments and surveys
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations
- Serving as a point of contact for teams and committees when multiple departments are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy
- Business Continuity Plan Committee
- Maintains BCP emergency supplies and PPE
- Updates BCP Plan
- Equity and Justice Workgroup
- Values Committee
- Business Continuity Plan Committee
- Managing general administrative duties including:
- Processing expense reports
- Coordinating the onboarding and offboarding of staff
- Manage and maintain the daily schedule of Director of People & Culture and the Information & Technology leader (meetings, travel, materials, expenses)
- Supports the administration of health benefits and open enrollment
- Supports 403(b) retirement plan administration
- Maintains and updates employee rosters
- Leads projects from requirements definition through deployment, identifying schedules, scopes, budget estimations, and project implementation plans, including risk mitigation.
- Projects include Accreditation, Business Planning, HR and IT focused projects
- Coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring projects remain within scope, schedule, and defined budgets, in collaboration with staff from various functional departments
- Analyze project progress and, when necessary, adapt scope, timelines, and costs to ensure that project team adheres to project requirements
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate stakeholders, providing day-to-day contact on project status and changes
- Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate management channels as needed—escalating issues as necessary based on project work plans
- Adjusting schedules and targets on the project as needs or financing for the project change
- Delegating tasks on the project to employees best positioned to complete them
- Making effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Acts as backup support to the Office of the EVP/COO on an as needed basis
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, Business Administration, or related field required
- Five (5) years of related field required
- Two (2) or more years of experience leading projects including project development, implementation, reporting, schedules, and risk management
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of project management
- Strong Interpersonal skills, organizational and leadership skills, advanced computer skills and ability to work effectively with staff (including training, monitoring and evaluating performance)
- Experience facilitating meetings and presenting to a broad range of audiences and levels across OCCF
- Experience leading committees
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The ability to work for an organization with a phenomenal mission, positive team-oriented work environment, a competitive salary (salary range is $65,000 – $80,000 and will be commensurate with experience) as well as incredible benefits including Medical, Dental & Vision, 403(b) retirement plan with automatic contribution by the organization, 2 weeks of vacation, 2 weeks of PSL, 10 annual paid holidays and the opportunity for a 9/80 work schedule. Position will have the opportunity to work from home one day per week.
For immediate consideration, please apply with your resume and cover letter, formatted in Microsoft Word, via: firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Lynette Miller, Director of People and Culture.
Review of applications, nominations, and expressions of interest will begin immediately and continue on a confidential basis until an appointment is made. The deadline to apply is September 15, 2023.
WORK LOCATION: (Position not available for remote work)
19200 Von Karman Ave., Suite 700
Irvine, CA 92612
Orange County Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity and equity in all facets of the organization’s work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.