Date: January 2, 2019
Location: Newport Beach, California
About the Orange County Community Foundation
Established in 1989, the Orange County Community Foundation (OCCF) is the premier philanthropic partner for generous individuals and families in Orange County, California. Its mission is to inspire a passion for lifelong philanthropy, faithfully steward the intentions of its donors, and catalyze sustainable community impact. Although OCCF’s philanthropic engagement occurs primarily within Orange County and surrounding areas, we also have a philanthropic footprint nationally and internationally.
This position will report to the Senior Administrative Officer & Board Liaison. The role of Executive Assistant is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the Executive Vice President/COO and CFO, while also assisting in preparation of Board and Committee meetings.
- Manage and maintain the daily schedule of CFO and COO (meetings, travel, materials, expenses)
- Schedule COO and CFO meetings and track activities (using Raiser’s Edge) as related.
- General executive office administrative and operational support including maintain filing systems, screen calls, take messages, copying and scanning.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings including scheduling, agendas, preparing materials, presentations and catering facilitation.
- Assist Board Liaison with Board/Committee meeting preparation, including RSVP’s, printing, mailing, and shredding. Organization of meeting materials, preparation and distribution of minutes and meeting set-up and clean-up.
- Ensure that all follow up items and documents are completed in a timely manner and are accurate/error free.
- Assist with assembling materials for annual audit, including the preparation of audit confirmation letters.
- Assist Senior Administrative Offficer and Board Liaison with special projects.
- Handle details of highly and confidential nature. Collect and prepare information as requested. Including composing and processing letters, reports, emails and other materials as needed.
- Research information as needed.
- Coordinate departmental activities as assigned.
- Interact with other OCCF departments and staff to ensure seamless flow of information.
- Organize and compile quarterly departmental activity reports.
- Draft letter templates and assist with mailings.
- Suggest ways to improve work process and flow of information.
- Assist with events and small group meetings.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience working as an Executive Assistant in a deadline-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Superior interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Self-starter needing minimal supervision and strong follow through skills
- Commitment to continual learning and improving office procedures
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other relational database a plus
- Previous work in a nonprofit organization is a plus
Commensurate with background and experience.
Full medical, dental and retirement benefits.
The Orange County Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Please submit letter of interest, résumé and salary requirements to:
Joanne Udell, Human Resources & Operations Manager
Orange County Community Foundation
4041 MacArthur Blvd, Suite 510
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Fax (949) 553-4211