Impact Philanthropy Group
The Orange County Community Foundation's Impact Philanthropy Group was created by charitably-minded professionals and emerging leaders living and working in Orange County.
Research shows that more people are getting involved with philanthropy earlier than prior generations. Manydonors tend to craft their philanthropic identities from seeing, doing and hearing from others. The Impact Philanthropy Group provides opportunities for donors to meet and learn from their peers how philanthropy can be integrated into their lives and the lives of their families.
Building on OCCF’s resources, members have established their own approach to supporting our community. The group meets several times a year with programs featuring elements such as:
- An inside look at current needs and trends in Orange County
- Guidelines for developing and implementing a family giving plan
- Site visits and discussions with nonprofit leaders
- Candid conversations with experienced philanthropists
- Networking and information sharing with peers
Annual Grant Program
Each year members have the opportunity to participate in a collaborative grant-making program with the focus determined by the group. Contributors to the granting pool are matched by the OCCF board up to an approved amount.