What Clients Can Give
Maximum Flexibility, Maximum Impact
The act of giving is as unique as your range of clients and their goals. When your client makes a charitable gift through OCCF, they unlock a world of opportunity. Unlike many nonprofits, we can accept a wide range of appreciated assets – providing your client flexibility and convenience.
Avoid being taxed on capital gains. Giving long-term appreciated assets gives you a charitable deduction for full market value (without triggering capital gains taxes), off-seting up to 30% of your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI).
Quick and easy. Fully deductible for income tax purposes, gifts of cash can offset up to 50% of your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI). Unused deductions can be carried forward for up to five years. Also a great option if you’ve experienced losses on long-term assets.
Attention to detail is required for these assets. Far more complex to execute than cash, gifts of limited liability corporations, limited partnerships, or family limited partnership interests require care, consideration and careful planning. OCCF knows all the rules, and handles all the details. You contribute the asset, and get a tax deduction for the appraised fair market value, up to 30% of your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI).
Plan now, give later. Including OCCF in your estate plan with a properly structured gift can help:
- Mitigate estate tax liability
- Preserve your charitable intent
- Provide legacy support for your school, church or favorite cause
- Generate income for you or your family
It’s a good thing to do. A bequest is an easy way to include OCCF in your estate plan. It may be more advantageous to bequeath retirement funds or life insurance than other assets. By carefully considering what and when to give, you can maximize the transfer to your heirs and your favorite charities.
Give the tree, keep the fruit. Life income plans such as charitable gift annuities provide three distinct benefits:
- Immediate charitable deduction
- Income for life
- Future gift to your charitable fund
Structured appropriately, life income plans can also:
- Significantly reduce or eliminate capital gains on gifts of appreciated property
- Improve income from low-yield, high-value assets
- Offer flexible retirement options
- Reduce your taxable estate
- Provide lifetime income to you and your family