Job Opening as of August 25, 2014: Marketing Communications Specialist
COMPENSATION: Benefits include full medical and dental insurance; 403(b) with employer contribution and match; and medical flexible spending account.
The Orange County Community Foundation is seeking a Specialist for its Marketing and Communications team. Fall 2014 marks OCCF’s 25th Anniversary as one of Orange County’s premier nonprofit organizations. OCCF provides an array of services that amplify the impact of individual, family and corporate philanthropy through more than 500 donor-advised funds. The foundation has delivered more than $280 million in grants and scholarships since inception in 1989.
We enjoy a culture that appreciates individual strengths as part of a dynamic, collaborative environment. The Marketing Communications Specialist will be part of an integrated team focused on increasing visibility and awareness among target audiences. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to manage projects from the ground up. If you're ready to showcase your innovation, you’ll find a world of opportunity at OCCF.
To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have demonstrated work experience and a proven track record of success in public relations, corporate communications, brand building, and/or marketing communications. Working knowledge of the local philanthropic and nonprofit community is a plus. The ideal candidate establishes and maintains key relationships internally and externally, continually evaluating needs, developing marketing plans, making recommendations and executing strategies. You will be actively engaged in our organization, seeing the bigger view and recommending new approaches to help achieve objectives. You will keep one eye on long-term goals and the other on day-to-day needs.
The Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for creating and managing results-driven outreach and engagement with donors, prospects and professional advisors.
- Manage development and execution of communications and engagement plans to ensure consistency with the organization’s strategic plan
- Database management and list organization skills (identifying, prioritizing and segmenting recipients)
- Advance online presence and electronic interactions (web, social media, e-news) with key audiences
- Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment, meeting aggressive deadlines with attention to detail
- Plan events and gatherings large and small
- Work cross-functionally with other departments
- Assist Vice President of Marketing and Communications with special projects
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or related field
- 6-8 years of experience in marketing or communications services; nonprofit sector experience preferred
- Commitment to the mission of the Orange County Community Foundation
- Working knowledge of AP Style as well as proper grammar
- Results-proven marketing, communications and PR strategist
- Outstanding project management skills to deliver quality results on time and on budget
- Superior interpersonal, written and oral communications skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Ability to manage projects with minimal supervision
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite; Raiser’s Edge/Net Community a plus; Adobe Photoshop, In Design also desirable
The Orange County Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Please submit letter of interest and résumé to: