Quick Facts About the Orange County Community Foundation
What We Do
The Orange County Community Foundation partners with generous individuals, families, foundations, and businesses to fulfill their philanthropic and financial objectives while supporting the causes they care about most. Together we have awarded more than $425 million in grants and scholarships in Orange County, across the country, and around the world.
At A Glance
- OCCF was founded in 1989 and celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2015.
- Home to more than 500 charitable funds benefiting a wide range of causes, including human services, education, health and wellness, arts and the environment, community development, and scholarships.
- Works with donor advisors, private and family foundations and professional advisors to meet giving goals.
- OCCF is the 7th most active grant-maker among more than 750 U.S. community foundations.
- OCCF ranks in the top 10 percent in assets among the top 100 community foundations.
- Moss Adams LLP audits OCCF financials annually. Financial statements and IRS Form 990 can be found at oc-cf.org/financials.
- Investments are managed by an Investment Committee according to guidelines set by the Board of Governors with the support of independent investment consultant Cambridge Associates.
- Recipient of a 4-star rating Charity Navigator for sound fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency.