Establish a Donor-Advised Fund with OCCF
OCCF Donor-Advised Funds Support Smart, Impactful Giving
- Make a greater impact on the issues you care about most. Your philanthropic advisor at the Orange County Community Foundation can help you learn more about strategic grant making, effective organizations, and community needs.
- Receive the most advantageous tax benefits available for charitable giving.
- Have confidence when you contribute. Investments are overseen by OCCF’s experienced Investment Committee and independent investment counsel.
- Recommend grants on your own time frame. There are no annual payout requirements.
- Involve family members in your charitable giving. Choose family members or friends to serve as advisors or successor advisors to your fund.
- Focus on your giving. We take care of everything else -- including due diligence on the organizations you want to support, IRS reporting, and more. You also have online access to keep track of your fund and make grant recommendations.
Establish a Donor-Advised Fund: Unlock a World of Good
A donor-advised fund at OCCF makes it easy to support the causes and organizations you care about most -- here in Orange County or around the world. As a donor, you can contribute to your fund at any time and recommend grants in your desired amount of $250 or greater.Creating a donor-advised fund at OCCF is easy.
- Create Your Fund
Our team will work with you to name your fund, assign advisors and establish your giving intentions.
- Contribute to Your Fund
Once your fund is open, you can make tax-deductible gifts of cash, securities, business interests or real property. You can select investment options to support your anticipated level of granting activity.
- Recommend Grants
Donors who register on our website can make grant recommendations online via a simple, secure form. Recommendations can also be made by submitting a charitable distribution request by email, fax or U.S. mail. Grants can be made to local, national or international charitable organizations or efforts. Our staff will conduct due diligence and contact you with any concerns. A grant check will be sent to the recipient organization with a cover letter explaining grant details and expectations.
- Take Advantage of Exclusive Donor Services
Personalized service is just a call or click away. You can access our team of professionals as frequently as you desire. Customized services include strategic giving plans, family philanthropy resources, educational forums, customized tours of local nonprofits, and research in your areas of charitable interest.
- Track Fund Activity
Quarterly activity reports summarize fund balance, grants made, contributions received, investment activity and fees. And when you register online, you can view your grant and contribution history at any time.