Family Foundation Services
For individuals and families who choose to practice their philanthropy through a private foundation, the Orange County Community Foundation can be a valuable partner.
With extensive grant-making experience and local community knowledge, OCCF is uniquely equipped to provide a variety of services for local foundations to support their local, national or international grant-making, including:
- Focused research on funding priorities
- Development of grant application guidelines
- Review and screening of proposals
- Organization of site visits
- Grantee due diligence reviews
- Advice on award amounts
- Grant awards and agreements processing
- Monitoring of grant accountability and impact
All of these services can be customized to meet your specific needs. The real benefits include a reduction in your administrative burden with expert staff support to achieve maximum impact of charitable dollars and the assurance that your foundation's philanthropic goals will be successfully met.
How Can OCCF Help With My Foundation's Required Qualifying Distribution?
As a public charity, OCCF can accept a “qualifying distribution” from your private foundation to help fulfill your annual payout requirement. This distribution can be placed in a fund that will be advised by the trustees of your foundation, allowing you more time to deliberate and recommend grants. The benefits include:
- No cost to establish
- No excise tax on income
- No annual distribution requirements
- No annual reporting requirements
- Anonymous giving at your request
- Access to OCCF’s expert staff
Establish A Donor-Advised Fund